I believe there is a purpose for your life, whether you believe it or not. You may have to take several paths first, but with a little digging, you can find where you’re meant to be.
And please, don’t think your purpose has to change the world. It just has to MEAN the world TO YOU!
So just HOW do you discover your purpose?
The first clue to figuring out your purpose in life is to consider what natural talents, gifts and abilities you’re born with and which of these you enjoying using.
Because talent doesn’t always equal purpose. For example, I am quite handy at DIY (more so than my hubby) but I don’t want to do that for a living …
- Are you artistic or musical?
- Is it easy for you to talk to people?
- Are you a natural communicator?
- Do you love to socialise?
- Do you love to decorate and rearrange your home?
- Are you good at taking charge?
- Are you creative and crafty?
- Do you understand electronics and technical gadgets?
- Do you understand computer technology?
- Do people compliment you on your style?
- Are you a good writer?
- Do you have good organisational skills?
Once you figure out what talents naturally live within you, you can then understand what you’re supposed to be doing with those gifts and talents. This is your purpose in life.
What Do You Love to Do?
Have you ever sat down and really reflected on what you love to do?
There are literally millions of possibilities, so start with the gifts and talents you were born with. From there figure out what you love to do that requires using those gifts and talents.
- If you’re artistic or musical, teaching others how to draw, paint or play an instrument may be your calling in life.
- Being naturally social, you might consider being an organiser for social events.
- If you’re always redecorating and rearranging your home, why not get paid to do it and start an interior decorating business?
- Being a natural born leader opens all kinds of doors that could lead you in many different directions. Does your church or other local community groups need someone to head up a department? You may find your purpose there.
- If you’re good at making crafty things, helping at a preschool or nursery may be fulfilling for you. Using your creative ability could open the door to a career in graphic arts as well.
- If you’re technically minded, perhaps you might consider using your understanding of electronics to fix equipment or you might enjoy working in an electronics store.
- If you have a strong knowledge of computers, you’re certain to find a career online or with a high tech company or you might even consider starting your own business.
- If you’re naturally stylish and love to keep up with what’s new in the fashion world, perhaps designing your own line of clothing or accessories is your purpose. Or maybe you’d enjoy helping others discover what style works best for them by working in a clothing store. Another option may be to offer your services as a fashion consultant to those who are unemployed, so they can learn how to dress professionally for job interviews. Why not dip your toe into the industry first with a fashion blog?
- The love of writing may be something you don’t even realise yet. With blogging becoming the most popular way to market a business, getting paid to write is a great way to make money from home. Many people have started a simple blog that has turned into a money making machine. Start by writing on topics you already have knowledge about and go from there. You might be surprised at how much money you can make with your love of writing.
- Using your organisational skills, you might be fond of going into homes and getting them ready for sale or helping elderly people organise their homes. You could also offer your services online as an organisational consultant or teach those who aren’t naturally organised.
Finding your purpose in life simply takes a little self-reflection as well as some trial and error.
Free yourself from wandering through life without purpose. We’re all here for a reason and, once your find your purpose and begin living it, you’ll feel happy and fulfilled!