Nutrition tips and advice are some of the things I would advocate adding to your to-do list.
As working women running a business and a home, looking after clients along with husband and children can leave us depleted of energy.
But we deserve to wake in the morning feeling energised and excited for the day ahead. Our heads deserve to hit the pillow every evening feeling accomplished, calm and satisfied.
The food we eat can have a significant effect on our energy levels and, as new research is showing, on our mental health too.
Adopting these 7 small but mighty nutrition tips can make a huge difference in the way we feel.
To start, adopt one of these nutritional habits at a time, maybe one each week, and within a few months, you’ll find yourself enjoying a more healthy and productive workweek.
- Try and eat breakfast within one hour of waking every day.
- Never go more than four hours without a small meal or snack. Eat little and often.
- Avoid high sugar snacks or drinks as the short buzz and lift in energy you get after immediately consuming these isn’t worth the crash that comes a little later.
- Keep healthy, non-perishable snacks in your office drawer, bag, briefcase and car. Nuts and seeds are perfect.
- Every meal and snack should contain, a combination of complex carbohydrates (wholegrains, vegetables, fruits), lean protein (meat, poultry, fish, beans, tofu) and a small amount of healthy fat (olive oil, nuts, avocado) to keep you feeling fuller longer.
- Keep a water bottle handy in the office, your car and at home, and sip frequently.
Don’t forget to do a meal plan each week too so you there’s no rushing about when you get in from work or last minute takeaway orders.
Plan more. Stress less.